An exciting opportunity has arisen for the position of chair of the Regional Learning and Skills Partnership (RLSP), a partnership that is driving change in the skills arena across South West and Mid Wales. An enthusiastic private sector candidate is being sought, to represent employers from across region at RLSP meetings, work with the chair of the other two Regional Skills Partnership in Wales and with Welsh Government Ministers and Civil Servants.
The RLSP is also leading on the Skills and Talent Intervention, one of the 11 projects that make up the City Deal and will work with the Mid Wales Growth Deal moving forward.
The Role of the Learning and Skills Partnership Board is to:
- improve the collection and sharing of regional employment and skills data, and intelligence.
- identify the needs of businesses and the current and future workforce in the region.
- produce an Employment and Skills Plan.
- ensure that the learning and skills infrastructure meets the economic and social needs of the region.
What we are looking for in a chair:
- Knowledge and experience in any of the related industry sectors (Advanced Materials, Manufacturing, Energy, Construction, Health and Social Care, Leisure and Tourism, Food and Farming, Financial and Professional Services or Creative Industries).
- Strong private sector experience
- Strong leadership and partnership ethos
- Demonstrate an understanding of the wider strategic environment and take account of this when making recommendations
- The ability to convey complex messages to a variety of audiences including Welsh Government.
- Experience of chairing a diverse partnership and high level meeting involving a range of external partners.
The post is a voluntary position with an approximate commitment of 12 days a year.
Closing date for applications: 24th April 2019
Panel meeting and decision made: Early May 2019
First meeting: 16th May 2019
For more information or to apply
Please either contact Jane Lewis on 01554 742431 or submit a CV to email@example.com